Micro Inverter Systems
Enphase Energy offers the leading Microinverter System for residential and commercial PVapplications. Instead of the traditional, centralized inverter approach that converts power from strings of modules, microinverters convert the DC power from each individual module in a distributed approach. The system consists of three components: microinverter, communications gateway and remote monitoring system. The compact microinverters attach directly to solar modules or racking and are wired in parallel directly to a breaker panel sending individual module performance information to the Enphase Envoy communications gateway over a wireline network. The Envoy, mounted indoors, collects the data and transmits it through a broadband router to the Enlighten™ website, where users or installers can view and manage the performance of their solar power system 24/7. The Enlighten website automatically detects any shortfall in energy production, identifies possible causes, and sends email alerts. Microinverter system components carry an industry leading 15-year warranty.Features include:
• Increased energy production, every microinverter has Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
• High reliability, no single point of failure, MTBF of 331 years, 99.8% system availability
• Simplified design, no string calculations needed, allows multiple roof pitches and orientations as well as module types • Enables sites with some shade to be viable for solar • Safety, no high voltage DC source wiring, reduced fire risk
• Lower installation cost, no DC disconnect or combiner boxes needed, less wiring time • UL1741/IEEE1547, FCC Part 15 Class B
• Expansion architecture allows modules to be easily added • Module level performance monitoring (first 3 months free).