WattMakerTM Solar Generator
A complete, rugged, stand-alone, solar power supply that provides AC or DC power to crucial equipment in remote locations from desert to mountain tops. Perfect for industrial, telecom, military and security applications.
The Value Proposition
- Eliminates expensive utility power connections or visits to refuel conventional generators
- Complimentary engineering analysis ensures proper sizing for power requirements and location
- Pre-engineered system saves costly engineering, procurement, and manufacturing time
- Standard configurations from 10Watt to 540Watt with 12/24/48VDC or 120AC output
- 5-day quick ship available for many configurations Pre-assembled and prepped sub-assemblies cut installation errors and time
- Rugged design withstands extreme temperatures, wet, sandy and windy environments
- Installs in approximately 1 hour with no specialized equipment
- Durable and low maintenance; designed for 5 year battery cycle life and 20 year system life
The Sizing Criteria
- All steady, transient and quiescent electrical loads are considered
- Daily, monthly and annual solar energy and climate data from NASA for the specific location is charted
- Tilt angle, temperature, solar energy and loads determine the Array and Array-to-Load ratio (ALR). typical min is 1.10 to 1.30
- Battery voltage and size is determined by automony, loads and optimum depth of discharge for long battery life
- Worst case days of autonomy (cloudly days) are established
WattMaker - Product Features
UL approved, Weatherproof 5052 aluminum, NEMA 3R rated enclosure, optional powder coat.
Battery/Controller Enclosure Features.
- One to four 6VDC and 12VDC sealed deep cycle batteries with 100 hour rate from 56 amp-hrs to 354 amp-hrs.
- Heavy-duty stainless steel, tamper-resistant hinge and locking hasp secured with 1/4" stainless steel bolts.
- Code compliant over-current protection.
- Rolled door edges and neoprene gasket seals the door from water, dust and pests.
- Louvered door and enclosure for heat and gas dissipation, with mesh to prevent infestation.
- Set for 24/7 output, other profiles and sensors available.
- Back plate with covered ATC fuse block and 10 to15 Amp fuses.
- Can be configured for inclusion of auxillary equipment.
- Low voltage disconnect protects battery.
- 15-Amp Pulse Width Modulated or MPPT controller.
- Optional DC cooling fan for high temperature zones.
- Solar Modules, Mounts, Wiring Features High efficiency PV modules meet JPL block V durability criteria.
- Optional Deep frame, high-wind load tolerant modules for 150mph steady winds.
- 10Watt to 160Watt configurations use side-of-pole mount.
- Configurations larger than 160Watts use Brilliant Sun , a structurally efficient, high-wind tolerant top-of-pole mount and Unirac Trusses.
- Mounts to optional square steel pole with 3/8" stainless steel bolts; to 3 1/2" or 4" round steel poles with stainless steel c-clamps; to wood poles with band clamp and stainless lag bolts.
- Includes Schedule 80 UV resistant stranded wire, conduit, junction boxes and hardware.
- Comes with galvanized pole mount and hardware.
- SSL USA Enclosure.
- Brilliant Sun Mount.
- One, two and four battery enclosure, optional shelving and enclosure configurations.
- Other options include inverters, timers, digital read-outs, specialized mounts and more.
Request Your Quote